If you own a building in the United States on which CertainTeed Fiberglass Horizon Shingles were installed between 1995 and 2010, your rights may be affected by a Class Action Settlement.
November 22, 2022
November 22, 2022
December 22, 2022
Final Approval Hearing
March 2, 2030
- This lawsuit is brought by owners of buildings whose Horizon brand asphalt fiberglass roofing shingles manufactured by CertainTeed were allegedly defective resulting in damage and economic loss.
- Under the Settlement, owners of buildings in the United States on which CertainTeed Fiberglass Horizon Shingles were installed between 1995 and 2010 that exhibit Qualifying Damage are eligible to submit a claim.
- You must submit a claim form, demonstrate Qualifying Damage, and fit the definition of an Eligible Claimant in order to get a cash payment.
- You can read about submitting a claim on the FAQs page. Claims can be initiated after the Settlement’s Effective Date at www.ctroof.com or you can submit your claim by USPS (United States Postal Service), UPS (United Parcel Service), FedEx (Federal Express) or another traceable and insured carrier to:
Horizon Settlement Administrator
805 W. 5th Street
Lansdale, PA 19446
- Please read the Notice carefully. Your legal rights will be affected, and you have a choice to make now.
|SUMMARY OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS||DEADLINE|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM||The only way to get a payment.||March 2, 2030 – Claims Filing commences on March 2, 2023.|
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF||Get no payment. This option allows you to keep your right to bring another lawsuit against CertainTeed LLC for claims related to this case. If you opt out, you will not be bound by the terms of the Settlement, but you will also not be entitled to submit a claim for benefits from the Settlement.||November 22, 2022|
|COMMENT ON OR OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT AND/OR ATTEND A HEARING||You can write to the Court about why you like or do not like the Settlement, and you may also choose to attend the Final Approval Hearing on December 22, 2022 at 1 p.m. at which time the Court will decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement, with or without your own attorney.||November 22, 2022|
|DO NOTHING||Get no payment. Give up rights.||No Deadline|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained on the FAQs page.
- Please note that payments will be made only if the Court grants final approval and the Settlement becomes effective. The date and time of the Final Approval Hearing is subject to modification by the Court so check this website for updates.